This month I decided to create a couple of cards using some of the new embellishments from Ruby Rock-it. I deliberately made the two cards as a matching set. I used the same set of materials and a similar general concept to create to co-ordinating but separate cards.
Here's what I started with:
I liked the coral colour of the flowers in the background paper and decided to make that a subtle focus on the cards. One of the new sentiment tags had a similar coloured tag. I then added some twine. I also pulled out some distress ink in a similar colour that I could used to colour tags, doilies and flowers.
I don't often work with black as a base, but thought it worked nicely with these papers, especially with the black doilies. I also added some dots of black paint as a finishing touch.
For this one, I created a belly band card. I love making these.