Tuesday, September 19

Glittery elegance


I thought I would try something  little different this time with my project. I set out to make an elegant wedding card. I feel that maybe it turned out to be closer to maybe an anniversary card.  

I started with a gold card, then layered gold glitter, then finally added a metallic cream layer with foam dots in between.



I wanted the glitter strip to be the main focus of the card. I cut it longer than the length of the card and secured it behind the cream card layer so that it would curve forward giving the card dimension. I then tucked my flowers in behind the strip in the top and the bottom. 


The flat kraft coloured doily pieces took on a gold tone against the sparkly gold glitter while not competing with it. The tiny touches of green leaves seemed to blend into the monochromatic scheme. 



Supplies used:

Franchville Card sets
Glitz gold glitter card stock
Fundamentals sentiment stickers
Fundamentals doily embellishment
Bella bling




1 comment:

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!