Tuesday, December 26

A brand new year with Ruby Rock-It



So Christmas is over and it is time to look forward to a new year. In my house, I find that kids being kids, they get so excited about  what they want, that they don't always take the time to reflect on how lucky they are to have all the things in their life that maybe other people don't. 




This coming year, I want to change the focus in our house to being more aware of how fortunate we are, and to be grateful for that, so I have created this memory jar.  The idea is that as good things happen throughout the year, they write it on a piece of paper and add it to the jar. At the end of the year, they read about all the good things in their life and with a bit of luck, be grateful for what they have.


I started with a simple mason jar, and painted on some mod podge around the base. I sprinkled a combination of pink and white glitter, and also added in some pink micro beads.  I used a heat tool to make sure it was set. I also used the same method to add a coat of glitter around the edge of the lid.



I then created a label with some die cut shapes layered together. I used Ranger Distress Ink in Pickled Raspberry to lightly ink the edges. I used the same die cut on the top of the jar, and added a Fundamentals doily shape over the top. (I only had green left in my packet, so I glued it upside down to show to the white side.


I then added white ribbon, a small white flower and wood veneer stars to embellish.


Supplies used:
Francheville glitter





No comments: