My last project was a set of cards made with Botanical, one of the new paper ranges for Bella! and I was so happy with the way that they came out that I decided to keep on cutting and made some elements for a layout. We are so lucky to have beautiful roses in bloom in my yard at the moment, so took the opportunity to take this pretty picture of my daughter.
To create this layout:
1. Start with the Botanicals floral page as the background.
2. Adhere the photo in place with foam dots. Keep in mind that some of the elements will be tucked under the photo.
3. Cut some narrow strips of the black floral paper and adhere tucked under either side of the photo as show, layered with some kraft card stock, punched with a border punch.
Take some Bella! florals and add some liquid adhesive to the centres. Tightly squeeze the base of the flower from underneath to form the flower into a cup shape. Allow to dry in this position. Once dry, begin to create clusters on either side of the photos.
4. Cut lots of elements from the patterned papers, including leaves, flowers, mushrooms and butterflies. Tuck the leaves first into the flower clusters. Add in the floral pieces using some foam dots, and then layer the mushrooms over the top.
5.Punch some small leaves from kraft card using a shape punch and tuck into the clusters.
6. Cut some mesh and tuck into the clusters last.
7.Adhere the butterflies in place, shaping the wings forward for dimension.
8. Create a small cluster at the top of the page using all the same elements, and adding in a raw chipboard sentiment.
9. Apply some small black dimensional paint dots around the outside of the main cluster.
10. Tuck some tiny paper roses into the cluster as fillers where needed along with a small tied ribbon bow.
Bella! Botanicals paper collection