Friday, May 13

Birthday wishes with Ruby Rock-It |Alicia Barry|


This month we are celebrating birthdays at Ruby Rock-It. A little while ago, I attended a birthday celebration where my friend was gives a wishes jar. Each person wrote a special wish for our friend and put it in the jar as a keepsake for her. I love the idea. 

It will soon be my daughter's birthday and thought I would make my own version of a message in a bottle style wish jar. 


I started by priming a glass bottle with gesso. Next I swiped some texture paste over the bottle and heat set. After that I added lots of crackle paint and left to dry. 


I used watered down silks in a variety of colours, allowing the paint to sink into the cracks. I blotted the wet paint to blend, and create a watercolour effect.  I used texture paste mixed with metallic paint through a stencil to add even more texture. I added some microbeads into the wet media. 


Once everything was dry, I used Happy Days papers, die cuts wood veneers and droplets to create the embellishments. 

Supplies used:



2 comments:

Liz said...

Awesome!!! Hugs xx

Maire Gamber said...

How creative and pretty!
Hugs, Marie