Monday, April 10

Celebrating Easter with Ruby Rock-It |Alicia Barry|



With Valentine's Day now past, it is time to start looking to Easter. I have been wanting to do a hot air balloon for ages, (well another one, this is my second, but in a different style). I was inspired by Teresa Horner's recent post where she created an Easter banner for her mantle. She used the pastel colours of the Hearts and Stripes range, which made me think of all things fresh and new which of course is the epitome of Easter.  




So, moving on, I created this gift basket style of hot hair balloon using a paper lantern for the top. I used the pastels from the Hearts and Stripes range to cover the basket, and to create a co-ordinating mini banner for the balloon as well as the basket. This was then adorned with bling.


I used Happy Days paper to fussy cut floral pieces to create the base for the floral cluster, then topped with Bella! florals. Some more bling accentuates the main floral cluster.


The letters are mini wood veneers coloured with a Copic marker. 


Notice the mini bows from the Fundamentals embellishments on the posts holding up the balloon.



Supplies used:


No comments: