Friday, July 28

Faux Book Box treasure box with Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts


Hi all, and welcome to a new project using the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts faux book box. I decided to turn this on its side and add some little metal pieces as legs to make a pretty little treasure box. 

Here's what it will look like when it comes to you. You will see two pieces without tabs. These will be the hinged pieces. You'll need some tape for those. 



The first step was to assemble the box as shown. I used some paper tape to attach the hinged pieces, so that the box could open and close easily. Next, I gave the whole box, inside and out two coats of white gesso. 



I cut panels of patterned paper to fit each of the faces of the box that would be seen, including the 
inside faces and inner base.


I used a combination of frames and labels to create a feature piece for the top of my box. The bottom layer was painted with gesso, then I applied Metallic Melts embossing powders in varying colors. The next layer was painted white, then coated in clear embossing powder. The top layer was coated in super fine glitter. I layered these three pieces with a triple layer of foam dots on the top piece. I glued a metal button onto that. This created a functional handle to lift the lid of my box.




From there, I framed the main part of the handle base with paper flowers, leaves and some ribbon. I created a similar but smaller cluster on the opposite side, creating a visual triangle with the two clusters and the handle. 


I kept the base plain with a simple ribbon wrap. 


I think these metal things are actually book corners but they worked perfectly for this. I used hot glue to adhere these to ensure they would be strong. 




Supplies used:
  Faux Book Box Large
  Stackable labels shape set

No comments: