Saturday, July 22

Glitter cards with Ruby Rock-it |Alicia Barry|


This month on the Ruby Rock-It blog we are showcasing both the new Glitter cardstock as well as new Franchville card and envelope sets. These come in 4 colour sets with 50 cards and envelopes per box. There are pastels, brights, neutrals and metallic sets. 

Today I have focused on some pastel pink and purple card bases with white Bella! Glitz cardstock. 

I thought I would share a short tutorial on how I came up with the pink card. The purple one was made in much the same way. I didn't have purple flowers, so I sprayed these white ones with purple paint mist.


First, I cut a panel of white metallic card and embossed it. I then gave it a light spray with pale green paint mist.


I distressed the edges, then layered the embossed card onto white glitter cardstock, then adhered both to a pale pink card base.


Next, I added some mesh tape and wrapped some white seam binding around one side. 


I die cut a fancy label from the same white glitter cardstock. It cut perfectly the first time. I die cut another smaller label from white cardstock and adhered it with foam dots, and attached a sentiment sticker to the front. I also added some pieces of gauze to the top and bottom of the die cut.


These flowers come pretty flat in the packaging, and I wanted some more dimension, so I used a metal nozzle to add some glue to the flower centre, then squeezed the base of the flower (from the back) to form the flower into a more dimensional shape. Once dry, I adhered the flowers in place, along with a small ribbon bow.  I added a couple of small roses to the top right of the label. 


Finally I tucked in some small punched leaves to the flowers, and added a few more drops of green paint onto the background.





I followed the same process for this next card, using different colours. 





Supplies used:



No comments: