Wednesday, September 19

Six Ways to Use the Charming Cottage Year-Round

Welcome to another wonderful blog hop with Amazing Paper Grace by Becca Feeken for Spellbinders. Becca designs the most wonderful dies and her new range A Charming Christmas is no exception. It's less than 100 days til Christmas, so it is a great time to get a head start on cards and gifts. 

Today we are featuring the Charming Cottage die. This is designed to be a little Christmas gingerbread house, but the team have been discovering so many more very cool ways to use this die. Today on the blog hop you will see at least 6 different ways that you can use this very versatile die set all year round for many different occasions which makes it a great addition to any crafting stash. 
A little while ago, I shared with you a Christmas themed box, so I'll start with that one. I plan on making these filled with cookie, chocolates, nuts, etc as small gifts for friends this year. 







Next up, I have a new project to share to show you another way to use the same die set. This time, I decided to create a birthday themed box. I used some pretty patterned paper for the background, and added a tiny sparkly border for a celebratory feel.  You could make the same design in bright colors for a child, or in darker colors for a male. The possibilities are endless. 




As you will have seen from my team mates, there are so many ways that you can use this die. I love how some of the samples have a window cut from them, and better still, the die to make this happen IS included. You could also use any small decorative die for a cut out effect like Melissa did.  I also love how Joanna created a tiny Christmas diorama for her project. How amazingly cute and clever. It would make the most wonderful Christmas ornaments. 

Imagine giving one to a friend moving into a new house! How cute would that be. I know you will want to make one straight away, so be sure to check out the super cute Halloween boxes that Teresa made. 

So, hopefully by now you have loads of ideas milling around your head, I know that your next question will be...How do I get one? Of course, I am here to help, so here are the details:

The Charming Cottage die is available on the Spellbinders website.  UK Creators may purchase it at https://hopeandchances.co.uk and although it has sold out, stock is expected quickly and it can be preordered to ensure getting one.

To thank you for hopping along with us, we will be giving away one die of the winners choice, (excludes A Charming Christmas) to  1 commenter picked from the combined comments on all 6 six blogs and is open to international commenters. Winner will be posted on the Amazing Paper Grace blog on Monday, September 24, 2018

Here is the link to all the blogs:


For one last piece of exciting news....
Please be sure to save the date.  Watch Becca on Hochanda on September 25 at 6pm, 8pm and September 26 at 9am, 1pm and 5pm 

Thanks so much for hopping by
Alicia 

20 comments:

Ann said...

Love both of them Leisha!

Quinty girl said...

Love your boxes the poinsettias are beautiful and really compliments the box, the second box is stunning.

Denise Bryant said...

I love both of these beautiful creations with the cottage set of dies! So many possibilities! The poinsettias are just gorgeous, and your birthday themed box is a delight!

nattyboots said...

Oh my such gorgeous creations ,love them all .

Diane said...

It would be difficult to choose between them. Both boxes are beautiful and have a touch of sophistication; sure to please the recipient. Great work!

Carole said...

In addition to an adorable Christmas Cottage, this die makes beautiful boxes for all occasions. I love these so much. You did a fabulous job.

SandArt said...

Hi, Alicia,
I'm glad I saw a post on Pinterest which made me aware that I didn't see these boxes - I was directed to your card and tag post. I'm happy I didn't miss these - really love the Christmas box with all the poinsettias. Great job!

Littlelamb said...

Beautiful projects. Thank you.

Noelene Apap said...

I love both your boxes Leisha. x

María Alba Negrón said...

Lovely boxes!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, these are so sweet Leisha! Love the pretty embellishments on both style. The cottage is amazing with the pretty windows and shingles.

Alet said...

Pretty boxes

Carol H. said...

Both boxes are so pretty! I love the poinsettias on the Christmas box!

Betty McAlister said...

Hi Alicia. A beautiful Christmas box with its cascade of Poinsettias and a lovely birthday one to inspire us. Both gorgeous. X

Sandra Biggs said...

Love both boxes xx

madhatter said...

These are both gorgeous. I do love the Christmas poinsettia's. Another one for the ever growing wish list.
Happy Crafting
Tracey.x

Sandra said...

You have created beautiful boxes and I love your pointsettia.

Lorraine Gall said...

Beautiful examples and they really show the versatility of this set!!

Jean Eve said...

Well how amazing that you can create such beautiful boxes from this Spellbinders die. It really is a must have for beginners to experienced crafters, that's the magic of Spellbinders dies x.

Dana M said...

What beautiful and elegant treat boxes! Perfectly lovely designs.