Monday, February 12

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts tool caddy

If you could see my desk right now,  you would know just how badly I need this Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts tool caddy to get me organised. The things on my desk all have a place, but there are a handful of items that I use every single day, that are too useful to put away after a project. They are the things I need at hand all fo the time. This caddy is perfect for this as it small enough to be close by without getting in the way of my work, but big enough to hold the essentials...in fact it holds a surprising number of items right in arms reach.



I began by coating everything in gesso. This gave me nice white edges on the narrow, visible surfaces. It also gives a nice finished look to the inside of the project.  Never just assume that those parts can't be seen. Always finish off every face.






Next, I traced the sides onto card stock, cut and glued in place. You can just glue on first, the cut, but I find it hard to get a nice clean edge that way using scissors. If you do prefer this method, use a craft knife to trim. Sometimes on projects like this, I like to sand the edges once glued to ensure a nice close finish on the edges.



Once the visible sides are all covered in paper, go ahead and assemble as shown. From there it was onto embellishing. I used some fussy cut florals as my base. Even though I knew I would cover a good amount of them,  I wanted to have the leafy foliage visible. I had some die cut off cuts that I tucked into my main cluster, then adhered some gauze tucked under the edges of the cluster. To finish off and add an elegant touch, I coated Feathery Flourishes Mini in gold acrylic paint, and adhered to each side of the cluster.






You can see that I mirrored the cluster with a second one on the diagonal corner of the project, along wth a tied ribbon bow. This is a slightly smaller cluster, to compliment the large cluster without competing with it for attention.




Supplies used:







No comments: