Saturday, August 11

Today I am sharing with you a mini book that I have made to remember our recent trip away.  I started with the Gyspy Soul Laser Cuts Bracket Edged Stagger album. This has a really nice collection of fancy edges.








I covered each of the pages with some nautical themed background pages. A tip for doing these easily, is to trace each page of the album onto the back of the patterned paper and cut it out first, then adhere. Another trick to get the edges nice is to gently sand them down once the glue has dried.

I love the use of jute on nautical themed projects as it gives the impression of ropes.





Next, I took the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Doodle Frame- rectangle and separated it into its 4 layers. I used silver gilding wax on the base layer, the outer frame was left natural and the inner frame was also dressed in silver wax. For the main upper layer, I coated it in regular fine sand, to really emphasise the ocean theme of my book.



A word of caution though. If adding a photo to the cover, use a copy, not an original, as I can't be sure of the long term effect of the sand on the photo.







 I didn't do too much to the inside of the mini album, as I want to have space to add photos once we sort through all 1700 of them. I used the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Beach Shape Set-small as my embellishments along with some tags from the paper collection I used. I left the Beach Set pieces in their natural form as I like the effect of the raw brown chipboard as a feature. The implied texture works in really well with a beach theme.












Supplies used:





No comments: